Welcome back to the Green Rush, this week’s episode features our old friend Nick Opich subbing in alongside Anne while Lewis was out at the Cannabis World Congress and Business Expo in Los Angeles. For this week’s conversation, the Green Rush crew sits down with one of the first reporters to truly “own” the cannabis beat in Alex Halperin of WeedWeek. Alex has been chasing the green rush for over four years and is one of the most accomplished and well respected reporters covering the space. If you have any kind of interest in cannabis and have not yet signed up for the WeedWeek newsletter – do so now!
In this week’s conversation, Anne and Nick chat with Alex about the growing acceptance of larger media companies to covering the cannabis industry, what Alex is seeing and anticipating ahead of the upcoming November elections, what Alex believes in one of the most underreported stories in the space and the latest news out of WeedWeek and Recharge 2019.
Alex Halperin is a freelance business reporter where he has been covering the green rush for almost four years. Alex founded WeedWeek (WeedWeek.net) and writes the High Time column for the Guardian. In addition, his work as appeared in The Washington Post, The Atlantic, Mother Jones, Fast Company and many other publications.
Links to guest’s social media:
- Website: https://www.alexhalperin.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexhalperin
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexhalperin
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/weedweeknews/
Links and Mentions:
- WeedWeek: https://www.weedweek.net/
- WeedWeek Newsletter: https://www.weedweek.net/newsletter/
- Alex’s Guardian Calendar: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/alex-halperin
- Recharge 2019: https://www.weedweek.net/recharge19/
This episode was hosted by Anne Donohoe and Nick Opich.
Special thanks to our Program Director Shea Gunther at Marijuana Today
Twitter / Instagram: @KCSA_Cannabis