We’ve now hit the final rendition of our special series highlighting the panels of the inaugural “KCSA Congressional Cannabis Day Forum” at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. As part of the event, KCSA gathered a host of some of the brightest minds in the industry for a series of panel discussions aimed at addressing critical issues relevant to the sector, including capital markets and banking, CBD/hemp, opioids, veterans’ issues and social justice.
In the fourth and final installment of this series, we hear from our Veterans Panel which shined a brighter light on how veterans have been able to use cannabis to treat a variety of post-combat issues like PTSD and chronic pain. We were privileged to have with us, Melissa Bryant, Chief Policy Officer for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), Joe Penzler, Director of Communications for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Government and Community Relations, Nick Etten, Vice President of Government Affairs at Acreage Holdings, Bill Ferguson, Co-Founder of the Veterans Cannabis Coalition and Moderator Michael Correia, Director of Government Relations for NCIA.
Many in the veteran community struggle under unique health burdens stemming from their service, and have experienced little success in managing their conditions with available pharmaceuticals. Through cannabis, veterans of all generations and states of health have experienced improvements in their quality of life–whether it is as a supplemental treatment for cancer or a traumatic brain injury. Our panel’s discussion focused on the legal, moral, and ethical of making cannabis available to veterans and how the plant can be used as an alternative to opioids.
So don’t sit back, lean forward and enjoy!
Links to guest’s social media:
- Melissa Bryant’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/mabryant256
- Melissa Bryant’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mab401/
- Joe Penzler’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joeplenzler/
- Joe Penzler’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/JoePlenzler
- Nick Etten’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicketten/
- Veteran’s Cannabis Coalition LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/veterans-cannabis-coalition/
- Michael Correia’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-j-correia-0059133/
- Michael Correia’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/thepotlobbyist
Links and Mentions:
This episode was hosted by Lewis Goldberg and Gretchen Gailey of KCSA Strategic Communications.
Special thanks to our Executive Producer Nick Opich and Program Director Shea Gunther at Marijuana Today
You can learn more about how KCSA Cannabis can help your cannabiz by visiting www.kcsa-cannabis.com or emailing email@example.com. You can also connect with us via our social channels: